Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Default Automatic Style Updates

As recommended by Charles Kenyon, I have reviewed the document on why
formatting applied to text applies to *all* text with that style. My question
is this: I have a document with MANY styles in it. Do I have to modify each
style (one by one) and uncheck "automatically update" or is there a wholesale
way to do that?

Many thanks,

~Karen

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Since my posting, I've discovered that the style of the text whose features I
wish to change (i.e., bulleted to not bulleted), did not have "automatically
update" checked. In addition, I've unchecked every other autoformatting
options available (in autocorrect options). I didn't create the original
document, but each of the styles says it was created based on "Normal."

At this point, I just want to take my text and run--paste it into a new,
blank document, but the unruly styles go right along with the text.

Any advice?

"Karen" wrote in message
As recommended by Charles Kenyon, I have reviewed the document on why
formatting applied to text applies to *all* text with that style. My

question
is this: I have a document with MANY styles in it. Do I have to modify

each
style (one by one) and uncheck "automatically update" or is there a

wholesale
way to do that?

Many thanks,

~Karen

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try saving as a text file. Close the file, then copy and paste from the text
file.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Normally this problem is seen only with the Normal style. Are you
experiencing it with others?

so
all may benefit.

"Karen" wrote in message
As recommended by Charles Kenyon, I have reviewed the document on why
formatting applied to text applies to *all* text with that style. My

question
is this: I have a document with MANY styles in it. Do I have to modify

each
style (one by one) and uncheck "automatically update" or is there a

wholesale
way to do that?

Many thanks,

~Karen

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Did you uncheck the automatically update option in Normal style on which
your styles are apparently based?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Normally this problem is seen only with the Normal style. Are you
experiencing it with others?

newsgroup so all may benefit.