Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Default Remove Password in Visual Basic Editor

I have a document that I received that has a macro in it. I do not need the
macro however I am unble to delete the macro without entering a password.
Does anyone know of a way that I can delete this macro out of the document?
I believe the password was set up in the visual basic editor.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Erika wrote:
I have a document that I received that has a macro in it. I do not
need the macro however I am unble to delete the macro without
entering a password. Does anyone know of a way that I can delete this
macro out of the document? I believe the password was set up in the
visual basic editor.

To "clean" the file, open it and save it as an RTF file by changing the
setting
in the "Save as type" box of the Save As dialog. Word will tell you that
macros will be lost, so click Continue. Now save the RTF document as a .doc
file. That file should have no macros in it, and will have all the
formatting of
the original. Assuming everything is ok, you can now delete the original and
rename the new copy with the old name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Word Visual Basic ksawb Microsoft Word Help 1 November 5th 07 10:33 AM
Visual Basic through Word help 4a4i4163211 Microsoft Word Help 0 October 2nd 07 05:22 PM
Visual Basic text box Marty Mailmerge 1 September 7th 06 09:57 AM
Visual Basic Macro MISSA New Users 3 August 24th 06 02:30 PM
Visual Basic and VBA Forum Throne Software Mailmerge 0 July 9th 05 04:23 AM