Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G0AOZ G0AOZ is offline

Default How to stop text centering in middle of printed page

User has Word 2000 with SP3. This problem only occurs in Word, not in any
other applications.

System WAS working ok, but appeared to suddenly change. Tried a new copy of
NORMAL.DOT, and checked all settings appear to be at defaults. No viruses,
adware or spyware detected.

If, say, one word is typed in a new document, both the screen view and the
print preview show this one word in the top lefthand corner. Print the
document, and this word is slap bang right in the middle of the A4 sized
paper! All previously made documents also print "justified" from the middle
outwards.

Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure the vertical alignment is set to
Top. If this occurs in all new documents, you'll need to make this change in
a new document, without changing anything else, and then click Default... in
the Page Setup dialog.

"G0AOZ" wrote in message
User has Word 2000 with SP3. This problem only occurs in Word, not in any
other applications.

System WAS working ok, but appeared to suddenly change. Tried a new copy
of
NORMAL.DOT, and checked all settings appear to be at defaults. No
viruses,
adware or spyware detected.

If, say, one word is typed in a new document, both the screen view and the
print preview show this one word in the top lefthand corner. Print the
document, and this word is slap bang right in the middle of the A4 sized
paper! All previously made documents also print "justified" from the
middle
outwards.

Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G0AOZ G0AOZ is offline

Thank you for your reply Suzanne...

Unfortunately, it's already set to TOP. I did already try altering and
re-resetting it, closing Word and re-opening it again, but it made no
difference. Also, if this setting is altered, it will show up in Print
Preview, although normal Screen View still shows the text at top lefthand
corner.

The fault on the user's machine ONLY appears when she prints. Screen View
and Print Preview are identical.

Maybe I'll end up having to try an uninstall and reinstall...

"G0AOZ" wrote in message
User has Word 2000 with SP3. This problem only occurs in Word, not in any
other applications.

System WAS working ok, but appeared to suddenly change. Tried a new copy
of
NORMAL.DOT, and checked all settings appear to be at defaults. No
viruses,
adware or spyware detected.

If, say, one word is typed in a new document, both the screen view and the
print preview show this one word in the top lefthand corner. Print the
document, and this word is slap bang right in the middle of the A4 sized
paper! All previously made documents also print "justified" from the
middle
outwards.

Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Since re-installing rarely fixes anything, why don't you try to Repair
your installation instead? You should find the Detect and Repair option
under the Help menu.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"G0AOZ" wrote in message
:

Thank you for your reply Suzanne...

Unfortunately, it's already set to TOP. I did already try altering and
re-resetting it, closing Word and re-opening it again, but it made no
difference. Also, if this setting is altered, it will show up in Print
Preview, although normal Screen View still shows the text at top lefthand
corner.

The fault on the user's machine ONLY appears when she prints. Screen View
and Print Preview are identical.

Maybe I'll end up having to try an uninstall and reinstall...

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/7/2007 1:11 PM