newlin9

Default how do I select addresses for printing labels in Word?

I've made a Word document that contains addresses that I use frequently for
labels, this way I can add/delete from the list at any time and simply select
the correct information to print a label (rather than opening the labels
window and typing in the address every time). Today, Word will not allow me
to "pre-select" any of the information in ~ the first half of the document.
The labels window shows up with an address about midway down instead (like it
is the address I've selected). Any of the addresses after the certain point
are fine - I can highlight the text and
click-ToolsLetters/MailingsEnvelopes/Labels and the correct info shows up
in the box. I've tried EVERYTHING to make the previous entries show up but
it's like it's stuck (I can't even copy the entries to the bottom of the
document and get it to work). Any suggestions??
Jay Freedman

newlin9 wrote:
I've made a Word document that contains addresses that I use
frequently for labels, this way I can add/delete from the list at any
time and simply select the correct information to print a label
(rather than opening the labels window and typing in the address
every time). Today, Word will not allow me to "pre-select" any of
the information in ~ the first half of the document. The labels
window shows up with an address about midway down instead (like it is
the address I've selected). Any of the addresses after the certain
point are fine - I can highlight the text and
click-ToolsLetters/MailingsEnvelopes/Labels and the correct info
shows up in the box. I've tried EVERYTHING to make the previous
entries show up but it's like it's stuck (I can't even copy the
entries to the bottom of the document and get it to work). Any
suggestions??

I don't know why you're having that problem -- maybe your document has
developed some corruption
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm).

However, you can side-step the whole issue by converting your current
document to a mail merge source document
(http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm) and then merging
any one or more selected addresses to labels
(http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman