Legal Learning

Default file name and path footer?

For once I have a decent option. You MVP's are just awesome. So here is
what I do with my client's filename and path. I create a table, take off the
printed lines. Adjust the columns so that the first column is used for the
file and path, the second for the page number (it is the smallest column and
is centered based on your margins) and the third column can be used for
whatever else you might want in your footer. When inserting the file and
path in the first column, it will wrap without spilling over onto your page
numbers! I make the font size of that column about 8 pt.

"macropod" wrote:

You can't. You can have the filename alone or the filename with the full
path.

If the path is too long for one line, consider allowing it to wrap to a
second line. Alternatively, you might prefer to make the paragraph
right-aligned and format it so that it's left end is off the page, but this
might not look very good.

Cheers

"Meiersbs" wrote in message
My full path name is too long to fit in footers. How can I code the field

only add the file name and its immediate parent folder?

---