Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
M.Siler M.Siler is offline

Default Keyboard shortcut for inserting a date

In Excel you can presss CTRL; and it will insert the date. Is there a
shortcut for doing this in Word? I'm using Word 2007.

I've found a lot of Keyboard shortcut sites via Google, but not for
inserting a date.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

On Feb 15, 9:43 am, "M.Siler" wrote:
In Excel you can presss CTRL; and it will insert the date. Is there a
shortcut for doing this in Word? I'm using Word 2007.

I've found a lot of Keyboard shortcut sites via Google, but not for
inserting a date.

You can create one easy enough. I use:

Sub DateStamp()
' Inserts current date
Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="MMMM dd, yyyy",
InsertAsField:=False
End Sub

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...roToHotkey.htm

and

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You can't find one because there isn't one - at least not by default.
Shift+Alt+D will insert a Date *field*, but date fields will automatically
update unless you unlink them (select the inserted date field, then
Shift+Ctrl+F9). You can create a macro to do al this for you & assign a
keystroke or Toolbar button to it.

A kybd shortcut can also be assigned to bring up the InsertDate dialog or
you can create a macro to insert a CreateDate field (doesn't change) &
assign a keystroke/button to that.

BTW - one of your best sources of available Keyboard Shortcuts in Word is
Word Help.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"M.Siler" wrote in message
In Excel you can presss CTRL; and it will insert the date. Is there a
shortcut for doing this in Word? I'm using Word 2007.

I've found a lot of Keyboard shortcut sites via Google, but not for
inserting a date.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
M.Siler M.Siler is offline

Darn... I was sure hoping there was a way native to all version of Word. I
guess I'll have to submit that to them as a feature request.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
ups.com...