Dovid

Default Office 2003 generates an error when i try to import JPEG files fr.

I have recieved jpeg files from a colleague who uses a mac system. initially
when i tried to open them i was told there is no program associated to them.
Eventually i managed to get them open but find i am unable to import them
into office applications such as word. Appreciate how to get round this. i
have the latest updates of windows xp and office 2003. thanks
Daiya Mitchell

Make sure the files have the .jpg extension, so that you can double-click on
them. Assuming you received them by email, open them from email, save them
to your hard drive somewhere, then you should be able to use Insert |
Picture From File.

Jpg is a cross-platform format, there is no difference between jpgs on a Mac
and jpgs in windows.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

It should not be necessary to *open* them. You don't need to open them
unless you want to edit them, and for that you need a photo editing
application. To use them in Word, use Insert | Picture | From File, navigate
to where you have the JPEG stored, and double-click on it (or select it and
click Insert).

"Dovid" wrote in message
I have recieved jpeg files from a colleague who uses a mac system.

initially
when i tried to open them i was told there is no program associated to

them.
Eventually i managed to get them open but find i am unable to import them
into office applications such as word. Appreciate how to get round this. i
have the latest updates of windows xp and office 2003. thanks

Dovid

Thanks for this however i have already tried it and when it tries to insert
in window i get 'Convert file' dialogue box. I have tried 2 of the possibles
in the box and the message is always the same. 'An error occurred whilst
importing this file'. I did not have this problem with office XP. I am trying
a trial version of 2003 but assume that is not the reason.

On 4/15/05 6:35 AM, "Dovid" wrote:

I have recieved jpeg files from a colleague who uses a mac system. initially
when i tried to open them i was told there is no program associated to them.
Eventually i managed to get them open but find i am unable to import them
into office applications such as word. Appreciate how to get round this. i
have the latest updates of windows xp and office 2003. thanks

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

You cannot "import" or "open" a JPEG in Word; you have to "insert" it:
Insert | Picture | From File.

On 4/15/05 6:35 AM, "Dovid" wrote:

I have recieved jpeg files from a colleague who uses a mac system.

initially
when i tried to open them i was told there is no program associated to

them.
Eventually i managed to get them open but find i am unable to import

them
into office applications such as word. Appreciate how to get round

this. i
have the latest updates of windows xp and office 2003. thanks

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/