Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] judith.finlay@thebindingsite.com is offline

Default macro in word 2007

Folks,

I am trying to set up a simple macro in word 2007 to put the filename
and page x of y in the footer of each page. So far my attempts always
result in errors. I do not want to make a form or template because
other send me documents that I would like to perform this action on as
well.

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Judith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Still no macro needed. Save the FILENAME field and Page X of Y as AutoText
entries (building blocks). Assign them keyboard shortcuts if desired.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
Folks,

I am trying to set up a simple macro in word 2007 to put the filename
and page x of y in the footer of each page. So far my attempts always
result in errors. I do not want to make a form or template because
other send me documents that I would like to perform this action on as
well.

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Judith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

wrote in message
Folks,

I am trying to set up a simple macro in word 2007 to put the filename
and page x of y in the footer of each page. So far my attempts always
result in errors. I do not want to make a form or template because
other send me documents that I would like to perform this action on as
well.

In the New dialog box search for "Filename". The search results should
include a template for "Building Blocks for inserting file name and path".
Download it and follow the instructions to copy the building blocks in the
template to your Building Blocks template so they can be used in any
document.

--
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface: