Sue-LeadDog

Default Why are the words in my document not there?

I'm working with a large document--400 pages--using the Track Changes option.
While halfway through, the document froze and was not "responding." When I
reopened it, it shows only 1 page of the document, though it indicates that
all 518,000 words are there. The Word icon also indicates it is 1 MB in size.

I imported the document into PageMaker just to see if everything was
there--it is, but I just can't see it in Word. I've also tried copying it and
resaving as another file, but that didn't work either.

Sue-LeadDog

Thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't work. I don't know if this info
will be helpful, but here are my document properties:
Pages: 1
Paragraphs: 1753
Words: 106,064

"Sue-LeadDog" wrote:

I'm working with a large document--400 pages--using the Track Changes option.
While halfway through, the document froze and was not "responding." When I
reopened it, it shows only 1 page of the document, though it indicates that
all 518,000 words are there. The Word icon also indicates it is 1 MB in size.

I imported the document into PageMaker just to see if everything was
there--it is, but I just can't see it in Word. I've also tried copying it and
resaving as another file, but that didn't work either.

garfield-n-odie

Make a copy of the document, and attempt the recovery steps at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm on the copy.

"Sue-LeadDog" wrote:

I'm working with a large document--400 pages--using the Track Changes option.
While halfway through, the document froze and was not "responding." When I
reopened it, it shows only 1 page of the document, though it indicates that
all 518,000 words are there. The Word icon also indicates it is 1 MB in size.

I imported the document into PageMaker just to see if everything was
there--it is, but I just can't see it in Word. I've also tried copying it and
resaving as another file, but that didn't work either.

how to protect a line or words within a word document David M Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 07:44 AM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
I've created a Word document in which words are broken at any poi. EricC Microsoft Word Help 2 December 4th 04 03:23 AM
Endnote references in a document and in multiple appendices Wallace Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 02:11 PM
Frequency count in Word mmm Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 04 12:44 PM