Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vittani Vittani is offline

Default delete key performing function of strikethrough

i just bought the office home and student edition 2007 (service desk edition)
software today.

I have two instances that confuse me. I have highlighted some text in a word
document. The text had been pasted from either the internet or another of my
documents, i then tried to delete a section. Both the delete key and the
backspace key were tried. Neither of them removed the text in this case. Each
one highlighted the text red and applied the strike through function. When
clicking in this section it says that the text has been deleted but it is
still present. Could someone please tell me how t turn this off and just
perform an old fashioned delete?

Also the program seems to give me a running commentary on the formatting i
have performed, i.e. if i have changed the colour of the text. Could someone
please tell me how to turn this off.