Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sever1 Sever1 is offline

Default Unknown template taking over folder

Hi there,

I am having an unusual problem where any Word 2003 document that gets saved
to a certain folder on our network is converted over to a template that I
cannot seem to find. The problem with this is whenever somebody creates a
document and places it in this folder, the author gets changed to one of two
people who have never worked here. I have searched for the template on the
network and cannot seem to find it. Has anyone else heard of this happening
before, and if so know how I might find the template and get rid of it?
Hopefully I explained that adequately enough that one of you may be able to
help with this, if not please let me know I will be happy to explain further.

Thank you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Sever1

Sever1 wrote:
I am having an unusual problem where any Word 2003 document that gets saved
to a certain folder on our network is converted over to a template that I
cannot seem to find. The problem with this is whenever somebody creates a
document and places it in this folder, the author gets changed to one of two
people who have never worked here. I have searched for the template on the
network and cannot seem to find it. Has anyone else heard of this happening
before, and if so know how I might find the template and get rid of it?
Hopefully I explained that adequately enough that one of you may be able to
help with this, if not please let me know I will be happy to explain further.

if this is still unresolve: yes, please, I couldn't really decipher the
problem: what exactly do you mean by a document is "converted over to
[another] template"?

Do you save the document to this magic folder manually? What exactly
changes, and when (directly after save, or on re-opening the document=?

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |