Bob Wall

Default Can you tell me about Control Toolbox?

Can you give a comprehensive source for using the Control Toolbox Toolbar,
and the Forms Toolbar? I would like either on-line, printed, or both.

I created a Form using Word. I did everything as simply as I could; now I
want to mess it all up by tweaking it to death. I used Text Form Fields and
Drop Down Forms. I cant figure out how to use a check box. Does it just
show a true or false condition?

Eventually I want to convert the form to a PDF. At least I think I do. I
want the form to be used by people who dont have MS Word. My biggest
concern is that Ive been told I cant have infinite length fields. I dont
know how much data youll enter into Text Form Field.

Jay Freedman

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:55:03 -0700, "Bob Wall" Bob
wrote:

Can you give a comprehensive source for using the Control Toolbox Toolbar,
and the Forms Toolbar? I would like either on-line, printed, or both.

I created a Form using Word. I did everything as simply as I could; now I
want to mess it all up by tweaking it to death. I used Text Form Fields and
Drop Down Forms. I can’t figure out how to use a check box. Does it just
show a true or false condition?

Eventually I want to convert the form to a PDF. At least I think I do. I
want the form to be used by people who don’t have MS Word. My biggest
concern is that I’ve been told I can’t have infinite length fields. I don’t
know how much data you’ll enter into Text Form Field.

Hi Bob,

For the Control Toolbox, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dc_activeX.asp

For the Forms toolbar controls, see this series of articles:

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22
Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46
Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119
Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127
Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and
keep better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

Neither a Control Toolbox text field nor a Forms text field can cross
over a page break, so one page is the maximum length you can allow.

A check box generally does indicate a true/false or yes/no choice. If
you need more choices, I'd suggest using option buttons for three or
four values, and a dropdown for anything more than that.

I don't make PDF forms, so I can't tell you what to use for that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman