Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A. K. DeGreeff A. K. DeGreeff is offline

Default Trouble with bulleted lists / automatic formatting

I am trying to customize my bullet list settings.
I have a custom multi-level bulleted list set up.
The first level of the list is working fine; but when I want to have the
next level indented, my understanding is that if you have the auto formatting
on in Word Options, all you need to do is press the tab key and the bullet
will appear indented to the next level.
This was working for me the other day, but now is not.
I can adjust the level by choosing "Change List Level" - but I would rather
do it by simply pressing the tab key.

I have confirmed that my Word Options are set up correctly - per the book I
have, plus I tested different settings and had the same results with all....

Can someone please shed some light on this subject.
This is very frustrating.

--
A. DeGreeff
Training Coordinator
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QS4gSy4gRGVHcmVlZmY=?=,

I am trying to customize my bullet list settings.
I have a custom multi-level bulleted list set up.
The first level of the list is working fine; but when I want to have the
next level indented, my understanding is that if you have the auto formatting
on in Word Options, all you need to do is press the tab key and the bullet
will appear indented to the next level.
This was working for me the other day, but now is not.
I can adjust the level by choosing "Change List Level" - but I would rather
do it by simply pressing the tab key.

Which version of Word is this?

Can you be more specific about the Word Options you've tried altering - which
ones?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

bulleted lists trailman Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 08 07:00 PM
Bulleted lists Art Microsoft Word Help 8 December 13th 07 11:10 AM
Bulleted lists LJL Microsoft Word Help 3 November 28th 06 04:14 AM
tab key and bulleted lists serf690 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 13th 05 10:27 AM
Tab key and Bulleted lists numberonemuchacho Page Layout 5 July 2nd 05 12:24 AM