Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Res Res is offline

Default Quick Access Toolbar button I added disappear

A year or so ago, we installed Vista and Windows 2003 on a network. We are
using Office 2007.

Everyday I have to add my icons to the Word and Excel Quick Access Toolbar
(QAT). They stay for the day but when I open the next morning, all I have is
the Save/Undo/Redo icons.

I prefer to have Print/Page Set Up/Sort Up/Sort Down and a few others that
are not on the quick drop down button.

My tech people tell me that this is a known Microsoft issue, in other words,
I have to live with it. That is not the answer I was looking for so I am
hoping you can enlighten me. Is there any way I can set these QAT icons so
they remain from one day to the next?

--
RES
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe your tech people aren't telling you that your company has the
kind of network that flushes out everyone's personalizations of their
Word installation every night?

Be sure when you're doing things in the Customize QAT panel that the
dropdown at the upper right ("Customize QAT") reads "For all
documents" and not for the one document that's open.

On Jan 28, 10:29*pm, RES wrote:
A year or so ago, we installed Vista and Windows 2003 on a network. *We are
using Office 2007. *

Everyday I have to add my icons to the Word and Excel Quick Access Toolbar
(QAT). They stay for the day but when I open the next morning, all I have is
the Save/Undo/Redo icons.

I prefer to have Print/Page Set Up/Sort Up/Sort Down and a few others that
are not on the quick drop down button.

My tech people tell me that this is a known Microsoft issue, in other words,
I have to live with it. That is not the answer I was looking for so I am
hoping you can enlighten me. Is there any way I can set these QAT icons so
they remain from one day to the next?

--
RES

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See this KB article:

Quick Access Toolbar files for 2007 Office applications do not roam with
your profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958062/en-us

--
Stefan Blom