Sorcerer13 Sorcerer13 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Yorkshire
Default Changing a Mailmerge document to a normal document.

Hi....
I'm using word 2010.
I have a Mailmerge document (actually a company letter with header and footer, used by a package called "Cash4Windows" [C4W]). This document usually has the recipients name and address etc. inserted by C4W.
The document is a template - "xxx.dotx".
What I want to do is strip out the Mailmerge fields and save the document as a normal Word 2010 document, 'cos the User wants to have a blank standard company document available.
I've spent a long time fiddling with the Header and Footer to get just what the User wanted, and I know i could just cut-n-paste the Header and Footer into a new document, then save it as "xxx.docx", but when I looked on various help sites the normal method in Word 2010 seems to be
on the ribbon tab
Select Mailings
Select "Start Mail Merge"
Select "Normal Word Document"
then save the Word document.
I've tried this and it has absolutely no effect, as when I close and reopen Word and select the previously saved document, I still get the "Opening the document will run the following SQL command" splash screen!
I've tried saving the "normalised" document with various different extensions, but nothing seems to get rid of the SQL.
I've also tried opening the VBA editor (Alt+F11) to see if I can find the SQL, thinking that if I can delete the SQL it might cause Word to avoid the prompt, but I can't even find the SQL!!!
I know I'm getting obsessed with this issue, but PLEASE can anyone explain WHY I keep getting the SQL warning screen (not morally, I want to know what causes it to be displayed), WHY Mailings/Start Mail Merge/Normal Document seems to do nothing, and WHERE the SQL lives.
Any help will be gratefully received....

Steve