Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
savedtoserve

Default When I hightlight a phrase & try to type over it, it won't do it

Usually, in Word, when you highlight a phrase and start typing, the type
replaces the highlighted phrase. But the computer I am workign on now won't
do that. When I highlight a phrase and start typing, it un-highlights, and
adds the letters I'm typing to the front of that phrase. For instance, if I
wanted to change Montgomery, Alabama to Atlanta, Georgia, I would usually
highlight Montgomery, Alabama and type in Atlanta, Georgia. But what happens
is I highlight Montgomery, Alabama and when I type, it unhighlights
Montgomery, Alabama and looks like this: AtlanMontgomery, Alabama. Is there
a setting that will fix this?