Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rose

Default comment without author date or time - macro help

I found (and then lost) the thread with a wonderful macro to get the author
and initials out of comments. I used it and it was grand. (garfield-n-odie)
BUT, I do NOT want the date or time to show. When I make the adjustment the
bug was I couldn't change the read only properties. can anyone help?
garfield-n-odie?

Sub ZapCommentInitials()
Dim oCmt As Comment
For Each oCmt In ActiveDocument.Comments
oCmt.Initial = ""
oCmt.Author = ""
Next oCmt
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

As far as I know, it is not possible to remove the creation
date/time from a comment.

rose wrote:

I found (and then lost) the thread with a wonderful macro to get the author
and initials out of comments. I used it and it was grand. (garfield-n-odie)
BUT, I do NOT want the date or time to show. When I make the adjustment the
bug was I couldn't change the read only properties. can anyone help?
garfield-n-odie?

Sub ZapCommentInitials()
Dim oCmt As Comment
For Each oCmt In ActiveDocument.Comments
oCmt.Initial = ""
oCmt.Author = ""
Next oCmt
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rose

thanks, I figured as much. Still trying to find a way to create a "tooltip".
Its almost as annoying to me that it can be done in Excel but not word as
when you only had one "undo - redo" in excel when you had up to 99 in Word
(am I dating myself?).

If you find a work around, give a shout.

rose