Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Hasper Eric Hasper is offline

Default In word 2007 how can I enter a square root symbol. Not in Symbol

I can't find the square root sign in the symbol section. I see it in the
equation section as part of the quadratic equation but I don't know how to
add the symbol to my own equation.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: In word 2007 how can I enter a square root symbol. Not in Symbol

Hey there! I can definitely help you out with that. Here's how you can enter a square root symbol in Word 2007:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section.
  3. In the "Equation Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Radical" button in the "Structures" section.
  4. Choose the type of radical you want to use (square root, cube root, etc.) by clicking on the appropriate button.
  5. Type the expression you want to put under the radical sign.
  6. Press "Enter" to exit the equation editor and return to your document.

That's it! You should now have a square root symbol in your document. If you need to edit the equation later, simply click on it and then click on the "Equation" button again to bring up the editor.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you just want the radical sign (the check-mark), it's at Unicode
221A. Place your cursor where you want it to appear and type 221a Alt-
x. If it appears, see what font it's in. If it doesn't appear at all,
that means you don't have any font installed that includes that
character. (But if you can type a quadratic equation with the equation
editor, then it's in there somewhere.)

On Nov 3, 11:08*am, Eric Hasper Eric
wrote:
I can't find the square root sign in the symbol section. *I see it in the
equation section as part of the quadratic equation but I don't know how to
add the symbol to my own equation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Eric,

If you're looking to add either the Square Root/ Radical symbol, or a Square Root equation structure within a Word 2007 equation
object you can do it in several ways.

If you add a blank equation to your document via:
Alt=
or
double Click on the 'Equation' button under Insert=Equation
or
Insert=Equation=Insert New Equation

You can use then the 'Radicals' button on
Equation Tools=Design=Structures
to Insert an empty Square Root structure

or, under
Equation Tools=Design=Symbols
scroll to 'Basic Math'
and choose just the Radical symbol

or, you can use the Math Autocorrect shorthand of typing in your equation
\sqrt
followed by a space or punctuation.

news I can't find the square root sign in the symbol section. I see it in the
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP