Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
frustrated frustrated is offline

Default The Ultimate Q: How do you flip rows and columns for headers?

This is based on Word & Excel 2003 on XP,

THE OBVIOUS:
When someone uses Excel2003 to create a database for Word2003: Mail Merge
the FIRST row is where all the headers go: Last Name, First Name, SSN, DOB,
etc, etc, etc ...and I understand that logically it all makes sense to have
the data entered in "rows" in order for Mail Merge to identify the data with
the "header row"

THE QUESTION:
I need to accomplish the OPPOSITE of that. Need the Mail Merger to
recognize the
"first column" to be the "header column"(ie. A1 to A100) and the second
column (B1 to B100) to be where the data will be entered...

THE REASON:
I recieve all my data in excel, in columns (that's the paramaters I MUST
deal with). Would love to link the second column to word - mail merger to
auto fill for me 30+ documents for signing... per person who sends the excel
sheets!
Rather than sit there all day and manually re-type everything into columns,
need to figure out how to "reverse engineer" this to work for my situation...

HELP! - so far all my searching has come up empty!

ADK

--
"I should have paid attention in computer class..."