C Goebel

Default Word Batch Conversion

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word 2003...I need
to know how to gain access again to finish converting these files! ASAP
please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel
Jay Freedman

C Goebel wrote:

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word
2003...I need to know how to gain access again to finish converting
these files! ASAP please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel

In the New Document task pane, in the Templates section, click "On my
computer" to open the old-style New Document dialog (now renamed Templates).
Click the Other Documents tab, and double-click the Batch Conversion Wizard.

If the wizard is missing, try clicking Help Detect & Repair.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

C Goebel wrote:

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word
2003...I need to know how to gain access again to finish converting
these files! ASAP please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel

Sorry, I should have reread your first post before answering...

Certain third-party programs, notably the Norton AntiVirus plug-in for
Office, can cause bogus access problems. Try disabling the plug-in from
Norton's options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

C Goebel

We do not use Norton....we use McAffe for antivirus...would this possibly
casue the same problems as Norton? If so, how do I disable what I need to
disable?

Thanks,

-Catherine

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

C Goebel wrote:

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word
2003...I need to know how to gain access again to finish converting
these files! ASAP please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel

Sorry, I should have reread your first post before answering...

Certain third-party programs, notably the Norton AntiVirus plug-in for
Office, can cause bogus access problems. Try disabling the plug-in from
Norton's options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

As far as I'm aware, McAfee AntiVirus doesn't cause the problem. However, if
Norton was ever installed on that machine, there could still be a piece of
it that didn't get uninstalled. See this article for instructions:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9336625b519c38

If that isn't it, I'm not sure where to point a finger.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

C Goebel wrote:

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word
2003...I need to know how to gain access again to finish converting
these files! ASAP please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel

Sorry, I should have reread your first post before answering...

Certain third-party programs, notably the Norton AntiVirus plug-in
for Office, can cause bogus access problems. Try disabling the
plug-in from Norton's options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

C Goebel

I just tried doing the repair function via Add Remove Programs...it tells me
that there is a .cab file missing and closed stating a "fatl error has
occurred"...should I just reinstall and hope for the best?

-Catherine

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

C Goebel wrote:

I no longer have "access" to the batch conversion tool in Word
2003...I need to know how to gain access again to finish converting
these files! ASAP please!

I am an administrator both on this mahcine and on the network.

Sincerely,

Catherine Goebel

Sorry, I should have reread your first post before answering...

Certain third-party programs, notably the Norton AntiVirus plug-in
for Office, can cause bogus access problems. Try disabling the
plug-in from Norton's options dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay Freedman

Certainly you can try it, and good luck. If the problem is external to Word,
though, you simply find that the problem is still there afterwards.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman