Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srpd srpd is offline

Default catalog merge, Word 2003

Im trying to merge data from Excel into a Word doc using the catalog merge
option. The end result should be a Word table and text followed by a list of
Excel data (Field 1,2,3,4, double space, Field 1,2,3,4, €¦)

However, the result I keep getting is a repeat of the Word table and text
prior to each set of merged fields. Ive tried using the €śNext Record€ť field
after the double space, but there is no difference in the result. There are
no breaks of any kind in the document.

Ive not had a problem doing this before. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When you do a catalog merge ("directory merge" in Word 2003) Word always
makes a copy of all the text and fields in the mail merge main document,
so if you have a table+text there, it will be repeated for every record
in the data source.

What you may have done in the past is ensure that the table and text
only appears for record 1, e.g. by putting all that stuff inside an IF
field such as

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "your table and text" }

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

srpd wrote:
Im trying to merge data from Excel into a Word doc using the catalog merge
option. The end result should be a Word table and text followed by a list of
Excel data (Field 1,2,3,4, double space, Field 1,2,3,4, €¦)

However, the result I keep getting is a repeat of the Word table and text
prior to each set of merged fields. Ive tried using the €śNext Record€ť field
after the double space, but there is no difference in the result. There are
no breaks of any kind in the document.

Ive not had a problem doing this before. What am I doing wrong?

stop word catalog merge from breaking groups at page breaks Word Catalog Merge Mailmerge 2 October 27th 06 09:14 PM
Word 2003 Catalog Merge Stu-dent Microsoft Word Help 5 September 19th 06 02:15 PM
merge a catalog Cathy Mailmerge 1 March 30th 06 03:46 PM
Word 2002 sp3 breaking catalog merge gary via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 1 March 21st 06 10:54 PM
Word mailmerge - page breaks in directory/catalog merge Billy No-Mates Mailmerge 2 June 15th 05 12:18 AM