Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vern-Cincy Vern-Cincy is offline

Default Deleting documents in Word 2007

I am tryiing to delete documents from My Documents. They appear to be deleted
yet return and add additional copies.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Open Windows Explorer. Select the documents you want to delete. Press the
Delete key.

Vern-Cincy wrote:
I am tryiing to delete documents from My Documents. They appear to be
deleted yet return and add additional copies.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vern-Cincy[_2_] Vern-Cincy[_2_] is offline

Thanks Graham but the documents are in Word. How do I access them from
Explorer? Sorry to be so stupid but I appreciate your help.

Vern-Cincy wrote:
I am tryiing to delete documents from My Documents. They appear to be
deleted yet return and add additional copies.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Windows Explorer (which you may know as My Computer), open the My
Documents folder. If your documents are in a subfolder, open that one.
Continue to open folders till you find the one where your documents are
located. Select the appropriate files and press Delete to send them to the
Recycle Bin or Shift+Delete to permanently delete them. You should be able
to do the same thing in an Explorer window (Open or Save) in Word, however,
provided they are closed and you are not displaying the file list in a view
that shows a preview.

Vern-Cincy wrote:
I am tryiing to delete documents from My Documents. They appear to be
deleted yet return and add additional copies.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The documents are not 'in Word' they are saved on your hard drive - in the
My Documents folder. Windows Explorer is merely a window to the files saved
on your hard drive.

You can do the same from any of the file operations Windows in Word e.g.
File Open. Select the files (carefully without dragging them) and press
delete.