sanderhr

Default How do you re-arrange pages in a Word document? No page sorter.

I would like to re-arrange pages within a Word document without having to cut
and paste them. In Powerpoint there is a slide sorter, but I can't find
anything similar in Word. Any advice please?
Jezebel

If your document is organised using heading styles, use Outline mode (on the
View menu) -- you can drag the headings around and the text under those
headings moves also.

"sanderhr" wrote in message
I would like to re-arrange pages within a Word document without having to
cut
and paste them. In Powerpoint there is a slide sorter, but I can't find
anything similar in Word. Any advice please?

Jay Freedman

Hi sanderhr,

Outline view (if possible) or cut-and-paste really are the only ways to deal
with this in Word. The reason is that pages in Word are not at all analogous
to slides in PowerPoint.

PowerPoint's slides are fundamental units of organization. Everything about
a slide's content (except for the formatting it inherits from the template)
is self-contained. Text and graphics don't flow from one slide to the next.

In Word, a page consists only of what fits at the moment, taking into
account the text, its font and paragraph formatting, the current printer
driver, and the various compatibility options that are set for the document.
Add or delete so much as a single character at the beginning of the page,
and a word or a line or even a whole paragraph may shift to or from the next
page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman