Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ellen ellen is offline

Default Create Drop Down Boxes

Hi, I want to create drop down boxes in forms. Can't find the how-to in Word
2003 Help, or am looking in the wrong place. Simple instruction is best
please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mexc mexc is offline

hi , I dont know where is how to create dropdown list in Word help but i can
give you the steps to create a dropdown list.
To make a Drop-Down box in Microsoft Word, you must first turn on the Forms
toolbar .To create Drop-Down boxes simply click on the Drop-Down list button
.. Be sure to select where you want the drop down box to be placed before
clicking on the Drop-Down Form Field button. The next step in the process of
setting up the drop-down list is to add the drop down item. First you need to
open the Drop-Down Form Field Options dialog box. To do this simply right
click over the drop down field you inserted and choose the Properties command
from the shortcut menu. You should see the Drop-Down Form Field Options
dialog box. To add a drop down item simply type in the names you require in
the Drop-Down item text box and then press the Add button and enter the
required items. This will add the item into the drop down box. simply press
the OK button. When you are working with Form Fields in Microsoft Word they
don't activate until you protect the form. To do this simply choose the
protect button on the Forms toolbar. You should now be able to click on the
drop-down form field and use the drop-down box like any other drop down box.