Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maggie

Default Print Avery 1/3 Cut Mini Sheet Labels 5204

I am unable to determine the Print Option settings to print these mini sheet
labels.
There are 8 labels per sheet approx. .5"" x 3.5"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, I should have checked before I suggested that. Some Avery labels are
not designed for machine printing (they're intended for typing or copiers),
but the ones that are usually come with instructions for Word setup, either
how to define a new label definition or how to set up a page. Do these not
include any instructions?

From the description, I take it these are file folder labels? I have the
2181 "filing labels," which are 0.67" x 3.44" (6 to a mini-sheet). You might
start with that label definition and change the measurements to match your
size and number. Do you know how to define a new label definition?

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you chosen Avery 5204 from the Labels Options in the Tools |

Envelopes
and Labels dialog?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Maggie" wrote in message
I am unable to determine the Print Option settings to print these mini

sheet
labels.
There are 8 labels per sheet approx. .5"" x 3.5"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Maggie wrote:
I am unable to determine the Print Option settings to print these
mini sheet labels.
There are 8 labels per sheet approx. .5"" x 3.5"

Word doesn't have a label option for this size, but a "template" is
available from Avery at
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...warecode=11509

This isn't what Word considers to be a template, but rather an ordinary
document that you can save in your My Documents folder. Once you have it,
though, I recommend you use File Save As and change the "Save as type" box
to "Document template (*.dot)". From then on, you can use File New to make
new documents based on the real template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman