Malena

Default New .dot Old doc

Hi,

We have many "Docs" files created with an old template ".dot".

I made a new dot and We want reformating the old files ".doc" with the new
template. Can be possible this option?, perhaps macros, scripting?.

Thanks

Robert M. Franz

Hi Malena

Malena wrote:
We have many "Docs" files created with an old template ".dot".

I made a new dot and We want reformating the old files ".doc" with the new
template. Can be possible this option?, perhaps macros, scripting?.

There are (at least) two different issues he

Formatting that is defined via styles can easily be applied to an old
document, given that the styles have the same names!

Formatting as of Word's section properties (page size, orientation,
margins, header/footer, etc.) is totally different. To get that right
(i.e., to change it should your needs have changed there, too), you are
usually better off to create a new document based on the new template
and copy the old content in.

2cents
Robert
--