Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Default Check Box in a table - Word 2002

Hello,

I am using Word 2002 (I think) and I need to insert a check box in an
appraisal document that is set up as a table. Simple enough I thought, except
that I can't protect the document or the form field to use it properly, i.e.
I can't just click on it to check it or uncheck it, I have to go through the
field properties and select check or uncheck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In what way can't you protect the document? What happens as you click
Protect Document on the Tools menu?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chris Stammers" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2002 (I think) and I need to insert a check box in an
appraisal document that is set up as a table. Simple enough I thought,
except
that I can't protect the document or the form field to use it properly,
i.e.
I can't just click on it to check it or uncheck it, I have to go through
the
field properties and select check or uncheck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Hello,

The Protect Document option is 'greyed out' so I can't select it at all.

Chris

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In what way can't you protect the document? What happens as you click
Protect Document on the Tools menu?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chris Stammers" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Word 2002 (I think) and I need to insert a check box in an
appraisal document that is set up as a table. Simple enough I thought,
except
that I can't protect the document or the form field to use it properly,
i.e.
I can't just click on it to check it or uncheck it, I have to go through
the
field properties and select check or uncheck.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Ah! I didn't spot that! Yes, it did have. I have taken it out and it seems
fine now.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chris