Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cayce cayce is offline

Default turn off outline numbered caption

I recently worked on a document that I needed to have outline numbered
captions above the tables. Now, whenever I insert a table into a document, I
get a numbered caption. I cannot figure out where this "lives" so I can turn
it off. This is in W97.

This is an annoyance. Any ideas?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This may be different in Word 97, but in Word 2003, in the Insert |
Reference | Caption dialog (Insert | Caption, in Word 97), there is an
AutoCaption... button that opens a dialog that allows you to select which
objects should be captioned automatically. If you have Microsoft Word Table
checked, clear it.

"cayce" wrote in message
I recently worked on a document that I needed to have outline numbered
captions above the tables. Now, whenever I insert a table into a document,
get a numbered caption. I cannot figure out where this "lives" so I can
turn
it off. This is in W97.

This is an annoyance. Any ideas?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Glad that worked for you.

"cayce" wrote in message
I recently worked on a document that I needed to have outline numbered
captions above the tables. Now, whenever I insert a table into a
document,
get a numbered caption. I cannot figure out where this "lives" so I can
turn
it off. This is in W97.

This is an annoyance. Any ideas?

thanks

whats the difference between a numbered and outline numbered tab Sian Microsoft Word Help 3 April 30th 23 08:49 AM
Outline numbered meendar Microsoft Word Help 1 May 29th 06 11:09 PM
OUTLINE NUMBERED TOC Cmpn.sb Tables 5 May 25th 06 02:24 PM
Adding Same Caption (numbered) to two Tables Sal Microsoft Word Help 5 May 1st 06 10:59 PM
numbered caption stabilo Page Layout 1 September 15th 05 10:46 AM