some_guy79

Default creating labels, not addresses, from an Excel file

I have excel files that I would like to extract information from and put it
onto labels. I've tried to use the Mail Merge function in Word to do this,
but have had no luck.

Right now when I preview or print labels I get a sheet full of labels with
"Next Record" printed on each label. The label in the upper left corner
is blank.

Also, is there a way to use only certain columns of an Excel sheet as data
to be included in the label?

FYI, I am using MS Office 2003 versions of Word and Excel.
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm which should
address all your questions. The megre will use whatever fields (columns) are
available in the data file. They don't have to be addresses.