robrachlin

Default mailmerge preview does not update includetext data

One of my associates is using XP and Word 2003. She's using includetext to
bring the right version of a table into a form letter. The data updates
correctly when she runs the merge, but when she previews the letters, sh sees
the same table in all of them, even thoguh the other data updates correctly.
On my machine, using Win2000 and Word 2002, the preview looks fine. Any
thoughts on how to get her preview to look right?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cm9icmFjaGxpbg==?=,

One of my associates is using XP and Word 2003. She's using includetext to
bring the right version of a table into a form letter. The data updates
correctly when she runs the merge, but when she previews the letters, sh sees
the same table in all of them, even thoguh the other data updates correctly.
On my machine, using Win2000 and Word 2002, the preview looks fine. Any
thoughts on how to get her preview to look right?

Ctrl+A, F9 should do it...

The difference in behavior may be due to the new security stuff built into Word
2003. See this KB article:

Prompt to update fields:
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=330079
WD: How the Behavior of the Word Fields Changes After You Install the Word
Update

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

robrachlin

Thanks, Cindy. We tried that with no success. I also installed the registry
key described in the article, but that didn't help, either. It's a mystery,
still.

Rob

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?cm9icmFjaGxpbg==?=,

[...]

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?cm9icmFjaGxpbg==?=,

We tried that with no success.

By "that" you mean Ctrl+A, F9 before going into
PrintPreview?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)