Karen K

Default how do i conditionally format in a mail merge document

I am working on what should be a relatively simple task of a mail merge to
create labels. The trick is if the value of field "c" is = to EA, then I
would the first line to print with a blue background. The if then statement
will not allow formatting so I am guess I will need to key a string command.
Any help would be beneficial. The sooner the better.

Thanks,
Karen K
May your journey be filled with peace and love.
Graham Mayor

You should be able to do this with a conditional field. Create a character
style to match the results you require, c/w shading then

{IF {Mergefield c} = "EA" "Put your first line text formatted with the
character style here" "put any alternative text here (or omit this bit for
none)" }

Karen K wrote:
I am working on what should be a relatively simple task of a mail
merge to create labels. The trick is if the value of field "c" is =
to EA, then I would the first line to print with a blue background.
The if then statement will not allow formatting so I am guess I will
need to key a string command. Any help would be beneficial. The
sooner the better.

Thanks,
Karen K
May your journey be filled with peace and love.

Karen K

Thanks for the input but it's not the text that I am changing, it's the
background. My level of expertise is low in this area and what i need is the
actual language for the string. If disp_ = EA then blue background the first
line. otherwise i want it to print normal. I'm sure your information would
have helped someone who had a clue about this, that just isn't me. LOL