Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Training Spec. Training Spec. is offline

Default Table with a Calculation Field and Dropdowns

In the 4th column of my Table, I have 4 dropdown fields (scores of 1 to 5).
At the bottom of the 4th column, I have a Calculated field. I have tried
everyhting to get an Average of the 4 entries (dropdowns) in the cell. I
bookmarked the cells as "e,o,p and w" to represent the scores for Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Then I entered the formula =AVERAGE(e,o,p,w).
That did not work. Next, I tried this formula =AVERAGE(D14). That produced
an error. I tried "Calculate on Exit" with the four dropdown and with/without
"Calculate on Exit" in the formula cell. Nothing works!

If I type in some numbers in the cells, the formula works fine.

Bottom Line: What is the formula for averaging four dropdown fields?

Here's a visual of the 3rd and 4th columns of my Table:
Excel (dropdown)
Outlook (dropdown)
PowerPoint (dropdown)
Word (dropdown)
Average (calculated field)

Thanks,
--
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi John,

See my reply in microsoft.public.word.tables. Please don't post the same question separately in different newsgroups.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Training Spec." wrote in message
[...]

Mail merge using calculation field in an IF field Ed Mailmerge 8 June 11th 07 01:24 PM
Calculation field from SQL table [email protected] Mailmerge 2 August 3rd 06 08:20 PM
date field calculation cal Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 05 08:54 PM
Calculation field error moombi Tables 0 June 9th 05 01:40 PM
If field calculation Dawn Rhoads Microsoft Word Help 13 December 10th 04 08:27 PM