Bob Radford

Default How can I print out the styles in use in a document

I am trying to print off a document with the markup of the styles used for
each part so that I can use it in teaching others our 'house style' - I can
print out the styles in use in the document but they come out in alphabetical
order and without the style applied. I would like to be able to print a
document that means something to my user group to indicate to them what style
they should be using at each point.

TIA
Bob R
Jay Freedman

Bob Radford wrote:
I am trying to print off a document with the markup of the styles
used for each part so that I can use it in teaching others our 'house
style' - I can print out the styles in use in the document but they
come out in alphabetical order and without the style applied. I
would like to be able to print a document that means something to my
user group to indicate to them what style they should be using at
each point.

TIA
Bob R

Hi Bob,

Word doesn't offer anything automatic for what you describe -- only the
Print What option in the Print dialog, which gives the list you mentioned.
You'll have to create your own sample document, displaying the styles with
their names and descriptions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Daiya Mitchell

I am trying to print off a document with the markup of the styles
used for each part so that I can use it in teaching others our 'house
style'

Word doesn't offer anything automatic for what you describe

This macro by MVP Doug Robbins will put the style name at the
beginning of each paragraph, if that helps.

RUN ON A COPY--it will add text to your
document.

Dim apara As Paragraph
*For Each apara In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
** * apara.Range.InsertBefore apara.Style & " - "
*Next apara

If you don't know what to do with this, see he
What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me
out?
I don't know how to install them and put them to use
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

Guide to Installing Macros

Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/