Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Default Inserting "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" onto 1-cell table

I have created a 1-cell table for the purpose of positioning a PowerPoint
slide within my Word document.

Table Properties:
Left alignment; 1" indent; no text wrapping
Row height is not specified
Preferred column width = 6"
Preferred cell width = 6"

When I use Paste Special (using "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)") to paste the
PowerPoint slide into the 1-cell table within Word, the cell height remains
the same (instead of automatically adjusting to the height of the pasted
picture). In fact, it doesn't appear that the pasted picture is really being
inserted into the cell (which is what I want), but rather "outside" of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I can't reproduce that behavior, but this may help for you: Go to Tools
Options Edit and set the "Insert/paste pictures as" dropdown to "In line
with text". When you paste, make absolutely sure the insertion point is
inside the table, not next to it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bob wrote:
I have created a 1-cell table for the purpose of positioning a
PowerPoint slide within my Word document.

Table Properties:
Left alignment; 1" indent; no text wrapping
Row height is not specified
Preferred column width = 6"
Preferred cell width = 6"

When I use Paste Special (using "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)") to
paste the PowerPoint slide into the 1-cell table within Word, the
cell height remains the same (instead of automatically adjusting to
the height of the pasted picture). In fact, it doesn't appear that
the pasted picture is really being inserted into the cell (which is
what I want), but rather "outside" of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Jay,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I verified that the setting is set to
"In line with text". Also, when I paste, the insertion point is definitely
inside the table, not next to it.
It's possible that Windows and/or Word has somehow gotten "confused" so I am
going to reboot my machine and see if that fixes the problem.
Thanks again for your help.
Bob