Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
duluth george duluth george is offline

Default Search in Word2007 docx causes lockup

Anybody else having this problem? When I search for a text string within a
Word2007 docx, it starts the search, then freezes the whole program. I have
to go through the whole "send error report" and restart the program
razzamatazz. To make matters worse, it seems to be intermittent. I'll
reboot the program, and it will work for a time or two, and then it'll lock
up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on a 360 page
document, and I need to use cnt+F regularly.

TIA

geo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

It sounds like there is some corruption in the document or its template. Try
using open & repair from the file open dialog (on a copy of the
document/template). If your document has multiple sections, it is likely
that the corruption is in one of the section breaks. It *may* help to copy
each section, without the section break and final paragraph mark to a new
document and re-add the section break before pasting in the next section.