Can't delete section break (next page)

Old March 5th 17, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 10:23:32 AM UTC-8, Bob Buckland ?:-) At Beautiful Downtown wrote:
Hi Bobbi,

To remove the section break, one method is to be in Print layout view turn on the nonprinting character display using the show/hide
icon from the toolbar. Place your cursor just before the section break indicator in your document and tap the delete key twice.

THANK YOU!!! I highlighted and pressed the delete button TWICE, quickly, and it finally worked. Only post that has helped! My thesis project thanks you.
Old April 30th 17, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]om

On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I am having the same problem and none of this is working for me. I can see the section break, but cannot delete it(either way listed) or highlight it.

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Old August 28th 17, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 5:29:37 PM UTC+11, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This will work:
1. once in your document select "outline" view
2. turn on markers
3. put the cursor over the left hand edge of the break line it will turn black
4. press delete.
5. remember that it will probably re-format depending what you had in each section.
Old September 13th 17, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.

OH - MY - GOD. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Old September 20th 17, 06:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 8:12:09 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 at 5:29:37 PM UTC+11, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

This will work:
1. once in your document select "outline" view
2. turn on markers
3. put the cursor over the left hand edge of the break line it will turn black
4. press delete.
5. remember that it will probably re-format depending what you had in each section.

YES!! after trying every other method listed... the only way that worked for me was the select the "outline view"- it never turned black for me though.... just partially highlighted it. But they finally deleted. My 100 page document makes sense again. Thanks!