Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Caroline Caroline is offline

Default I can't run Word for Mac 2008

Here are the error messages I get when I start Word:

You are working without a Word work file and memory is nearly full. Save
your work.

Then,

The Open XML file Macintosh
HD:Users:Caroline:Library:Application
Support:Microsoft:Office:User
Templates:Normal.dotm cannot be opened because
there are problems with the contents.
Details
Unspecified error
Location: 2

Then,

Word found unreadable content in "Normal.dotm". Do you want to reco ver the
contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click
Yes.

If I click Yes, Word crashes. If I click No, the following error message
appears:

Word cannot open this document template. (Document Elements.dotx)

Then Word just hangs; the rainbow spinner goes and goes.

I've tried deleting the Normal template; I was able to open Word once but
not again. I've also tried removing Office and reinstalling it, then running
the
online update from May. None of these things fix the problem.

I t was working fine until recently. Could the problem be related to the
fact that I
had my hard disk contents moved to a bigger hard disk recently?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks very much in advance ...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Caroline,

You may want to also post this in the Word:mac discussion group using the link below and include some more information on your move
to a different disk drive and the method used to do the transfer.

=========

--
I hope this helps you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Microsoft Office:Mac newsgroups:

or
http://microsoft.com/mac/community/c...pid=newsgroups

Microsoft Office:Mac products and updates
http://microsoft.com/mac