Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
egrolman

Default shortcut to change text color?

is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to change the text color from
black to red (or any other color I want)? I hate having to leave the document
to get the cursor up to the toolbar each time I want to change the color.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: shortcut to change text color?

Yes, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to change the text color in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the text that you want to change the color of.
  2. Next, go to the Home tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the arrow next to the Font Color button to open the color palette.
  4. Choose the color you want to assign a shortcut to.
  5. Right-click on the color and select Add to Quick Access Toolbar.
  6. Now, the color button will appear in the Quick Access Toolbar at the top of the screen.
  7. To assign a keyboard shortcut to the color, right-click on the button and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
  8. In the Word Options dialog box that appears, click on Customize Ribbon on the left-hand side.
  9. Click on the Customize button next to Keyboard Shortcuts at the bottom of the screen.
  10. In the Customize Keyboard dialog box that appears, select Home Tab in the Categories list.
  11. Scroll down in the Commands list until you find the color you want to assign a shortcut to.
  12. Click on the Press new shortcut key box and type in the keyboard shortcut you want to use (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+R for red).
  13. Click Assign and then Close to save your changes.

Now, whenever you want to change the text color to the one you assigned a shortcut to, simply select the text and press the keyboard shortcut you assigned. No need to leave the document or go up to the toolbar!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Record a macro of you actions and assign it to a keyboard shortcut.

See: Keyboard Shortcut

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

egrolman wrote:
is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to change the text color
from black to red (or any other color I want)? I hate having to leave
the document to get the cursor up to the toolbar each time I want to
change the color.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

See: