Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kate Kate is offline

Default Insert page break without splitting table

I have a table with repeatable header and auto cell numbering. Some rows
belong logicly together and I would like to keep those together on the same
page. How can I inform word (2007) that I want it to make page break before a
specified row without loosing my repeatable header and auto numbering? I hope
my question is clear.
--
Kate
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Kate,

If you need to keep particular rows together - and not allow thr rows themselves to be split across page boundaries:
.. Format all except the last paragraph in each cell of the cells to be grouped as 'Keep with Next' (Format|Paragraph|Line & Page
Breaks)
.. Uncheck the 'allow row to break across pages (Table|Table Properties|Row)

--
Cheers
macropod

"Kate" wrote in message ...
I have a table with repeatable header and auto cell numbering. Some rows
belong logicly together and I would like to keep those together on the same
page. How can I inform word (2007) that I want it to make page break before a
specified row without loosing my repeatable header and auto numbering? I hope
my question is clear.
--
Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kate Kate is offline

Hi Macropod,

Thanks for your answer, but my cells consists only of 1 paragraph, so I
can't interpretate your answer. I will try and illustrate my table a tell
what I want it to do.

Header
1 - bla la A - 001
2 - bla la B - 002
3 - bla la C - 003

'-' indicates new cell. I want the table to have a page break between row 1
and 2, so row 1 is on page 1 and row 2 and 3 is on page 2, without loosing
the repeatable header and the auto numbering. Is this possible?
--
Kate

"Kate" wrote in message ...
I have a table with repeatable header and auto cell numbering. Some rows
belong logicly together and I would like to keep those together on the same
page. How can I inform word (2007) that I want it to make page break before a
specified row without loosing my repeatable header and auto numbering? I hope
my question is clear.
--
Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kate Kate is offline

I made it work now...

I put the mouse cursor at the end of the text (paragraph) of a cell.
Format|Paragraph|Line & Page Breaks and then ticking "Keep with next".

Thanks Macropod.
--
Kate

"Kate" wrote in message ...
I have a table with repeatable header and auto cell numbering. Some rows
belong logicly together and I would like to keep those together on the same
page. How can I inform word (2007) that I want it to make page break before a
specified row without loosing my repeatable header and auto numbering? I hope
my question is clear.
--
Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

To answer the question you initially asked, you can break a table at a
specific point without splitting it by formatting the row as "Page break
before." Use of "Keep with next," as explained at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm, may
forestall that.

http://word.mvps.org