TOC page numbering changes as soon as .doc is saved as .dot (templ

Old June 5th 07, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJ

Default TOC page numbering changes as soon as .doc is saved as .dot (templ

1. Create a new document
2. Generate a TOC. It shows correct page numbers
3. Now save as .dot
4. Close and reopen. It shows all page numbers as incorrect - 2 or 3
(whatever was the starting page number for my TOC)

I have MS Word 2003 on XP SP2. Please help!
Thanks!