Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gregory Winters

Default Enter text in a field and have it appear as entered elsewhere

I'm creating a template for users who don't want to do a lot of typing, yet
want to know that everything they enter is duplicated in the correct spots as
entered in the original spot (the text itself), but as formatted elsewhere in
a single document.

For example, I've created a MacroButton Field with a MacroName DoFieldClick
which will allow the user to simply type in text and it will be formatted
automatically as previously designed. Let's say I want this exact text to
appear in a footer, yet formatted for that footer, simply by the fact that
the user enters it into the original Field.

I would appreciate a high level step by step as to how to do this. I've
tried searching Help and the Knowledge Base and even this Newsgroup, but I
must not be entering the correct search terms because I haven't found
anything about this, but it seems as though it would be a common thing to do.
Thanks.

Greg