Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zaybexx Zaybexx is offline

Default Find and Replace is slow using Word 2003

I use this feature alot. When I used to bring up the find and replace box
(using either ALT+E+F or Edit+Find it came up immediately, fast. Now, it
takes slightly long than one second. Further, when I find what I want the
box goes away just as slowly and further, a faint outline of the box remains
on the screen for a second or two.

Anybody know how to fix?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl-H might be fastest ... are there lots of other programs running
at the same time? Maybe your display driver needs updating? Could you
have caught a virus/malware?

Is this the only command in all of Word that has this problem?

What happens if you close everything and Restart?

On Jul 20, 1:39*pm, Zaybexx wrote:
I use this feature alot. *When I used to bring up the find and replace box
(using either ALT+E+F or Edit+Find it came up immediately, fast. *Now, it
takes slightly long than one second. *Further, when I find what I want the
box goes away just as slowly and further, a faint outline of the box remains
on the screen for a second or two. *

Anybody know how to fix?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zaybexx Zaybexx is offline

"Zaybexx" wrote:

I use this feature alot. When I used to bring up the find and replace box
(using either ALT+E+F or Edit+Find it came up immediately, fast. Now, it
takes slightly long than one second. Further, when I find what I want the
box goes away just as slowly and further, a faint outline of the box remains
on the screen for a second or two.

Anybody know how to fix?

CTRL+H actually is ever so slightly faster, but we're talking about only a
second so I shouldn't complain (of course, it's one keystroke faster).

I usually run apx 4-5 programs at a time, including Excel, Quicken, Outlook
and Yahoo.

Regarding malware/virus - I use AVG and run it every time I turn on the
computer, even on the same day.

When I use other commands, such as F7 for spelling, it pops up instantly!

Finally, if you would tell me how to update the display driver I'd be
grateful. Thanks so much for the rapid response
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So have you tried a simple Restart? I was kind of surprised to
discover (from Task Manager) that pieces of programs I'd opened and
closed were still running in the background.

I imagine that to get a new display driver, you'd go to your monitor-
maker's website and see what they've updated, and maybe they have an
auto update or at least update notification option.