csloyer

Default multiple copies auto created

On my wife's laptop running Word 97 and on her secretaries pc, running Word
2003, they are now having problems where when saving a file, multiple copies
of the file are created.

I'm wondering if this problem has to do with the versioning checkbox or
possibly a virus. I've never seen this error before!!!!

thanks,
Chris
Shauna Kelly

Hi Chris

At a running guess, follow the steps at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm (even if the machines
haven't crashed).

If that doesn't solve the problem, write back and let us know where the
multiple copies are created. Are they in the same folder as the "real"
document? And, what are they called?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word