Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
grubbyz

Default How do I set up letter and legal orientation in the same document?

I am trying to combine letter and legal into one document. When you use page
setup and select the paper size it changes the whole document. I have seen
portrait and landscape in the same document, but not letter and legal. Can
it be done? And how? Help.......For that matter, how do you change portrait
and landscape in one document? Seen it, not done it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Insert a next-page section break, and then change the paper size
in the new section. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm for
more information.

grubbyz wrote:

I am trying to combine letter and legal into one document. When you use page
setup and select the paper size it changes the whole document. I have seen
portrait and landscape in the same document, but not letter and legal. Can
it be done? And how? Help.......For that matter, how do you change portrait
and landscape in one document? Seen it, not done it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Just an addendum to the informative reply from g-n-o: If you need to do this,
make sure to set the required Page Setup specifications for *each section*,
as legal & letter paper is drawn from separate trays. (If your printer
doesn't have both a legal & letter tray, printing such a doc can be a lot of
fun.) Also, orientation, margins, etc. need to be taken into account on a
section-by-section basis.

Good Luck |:)