prirod

Default Can you add a new field to the User Information catagory?

The user information catagory has User Name; User Address; User Initials. I
also need User Phone number or extension. Can you add it or is it somewhere
else that I haven't been able to locate?
Charles Kenyon

No, AFAIK, you can't add to these. However, you could easily add AutoText
and use AutoText fields to bring such information into a document. What,
specifically, are you trying to accomplish by having this information?

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"prirod" wrote in message
The user information catagory has User Name; User Address; User Initials.
also need User Phone number or extension. Can you add it or is it
somewhere
else that I haven't been able to locate?

Charles Kenyon

I did this when I worked for a state agency that had over 50 different
offices. Each office had a global template containing AutoText entries for
the local office information on the letterhead including address, phone
numbers, and personnel. The letterhead (and pleading forms) were the same
files throughout. They incorporated the local information from the local
global template when documents were created based on the templates. The same
thing can be done with each computer to localize even more.

I would advise an autonew macro that updates all the AutoText fields in a
document and then unlinks them. That way when a completed document is sent
in electronic form to a different computer there would be no chance of the
original creator's information confusing things.