Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Courtney C. Courtney C. is offline

Default Problem with the Product Key

In December, I got a laptop computer that came with Word 2007 already
installed. Recently, I contracted a virus from somewhere and had to do a
system restore, wiping everything from my computer. Everything seems to work
fine, save for when I opened Word. A box popped up asking for my product key.
The key is located on a sticker on the bottom of my computer and I re-entered
it. However, the box is not accepting it and it saying the key is incorrect.
I checked the key several times and have made sure it's right, but the box is
refusing it. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or why the key is not
working?