Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
XP

Default Approach to document design

I am working on a family genealogy project in which I have 300+ old family
photographs that have been scanned and that I plan to organize into a single
document that will ultimately be published and hardbound. Each photo will be
accompanied by narrative information of varying lengths.

1) My planned approach is to insert a table on each page and adjust the
columns and rows of the table for the page layout desired. Insert the image
or images for that page into the appropriate table cells. Then add the
narratives into adjacent cells. Is this approach sound? Is there really a
better way?

2) My source images are rather large TIFs (ranging from 20 to 90 mb each)
but I plan to use a copy of them converted to JPG for the MS-Word document to
conserve some memory. I am estimating this will be a 200 page document
consisting mostly of JPGs. Will I run into any memory issues when dealing
with a document this big and with this many graphics and tables?

Any guidance or assistance is appreciated and welcomed. Thanks much in
advance for your assistance.