Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RebeccaKurowski RebeccaKurowski is offline

Default Why do cross references in Word change when I print?

I have several cross references in my Word document that I've edited to flow
with my text. Everything looks great, but once I print, the references change
and the hard copy reflects the changes. When I click Undo, the document goes
back to the original appearance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is the option to update fields on print set in the Word options?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RebeccaKurowski" wrote in message
I have several cross references in my Word document that I've edited to
flow
with my text. Everything looks great, but once I print, the references
change
and the hard copy reflects the changes. When I click Undo, the document
goes
back to the original appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RebeccaKurowski RebeccaKurowski is offline

Every time I click print, regardless of the update fields setting, some of my
references change - showing on the printed copy and the computer.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is the option to update fields on print set in the Word options?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RebeccaKurowski" wrote in message
I have several cross references in my Word document that I've edited to
flow
with my text. Everything looks great, but once I print, the references
change
and the hard copy reflects the changes. When I click Undo, the document
goes
back to the original appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm assuming that the updates cause the cross-references to be incorrect in
some way? Describe in what way. What happens to them?

Also, if you manually update the fields of the document, for example by
selecting the whole document and then pressing F9, is there still a problem
with the cross-references?

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is the option to update fields on print set in the Word options?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RebeccaKurowski" wrote in message
I have several cross references in my Word document that I've edited
flow
with my text. Everything looks great, but once I print, the
references
change
and the hard copy reflects the changes. When I click Undo, the
document
goes
back to the original appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For anyone following this discussion, see also the "Why do cross references
change when I print?" thread in this newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP