Keyboard Shortcuts not working

Old April 13th 18, 08:25 PM
Amanda Allen Amanda Allen is offline

Default Keyboard Shortcuts not working

I have an interesting problem.

I have a template that has several macros with customized keyboard shortcuts.
Now because of changes needed, I have created a new template with most of the macros the same and because it is a different template, I wanted to keep the same keyboard shortcuts for the macros that are the same. However, when I used the new template with the changes, about half of the keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore.
What could be causing this?
I have already checked customized shortcuts and they are set correctly.
Old April 13th 18, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Maybe your first group of custom shortcuts got put into some other template
than normal.dotx, so that when you use a third template to create your new
files, you can't get at them.

There must be a way to copy your shortcuts from one template to another
(mustn't there?).

Old April 15th 18, 03:41 AM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline

Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
[...]

I suspect that Peter is right and the shortcuts were stored in a template other than the one that contains the macros. They are not a part of the macro.

The only method I know of to copy keyboard shortcuts from one template to another was developed by Chris Woodman about 20 years ago.
Here are links to two versions.
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm#ChrisWoodman