TOM

Default MS Proofing Tools call for ZF561407.CAB twice on starting WORD,

I installed MS Proofing Tools.Now each time I try to enter WORD, I am given
the message that the computer cannot find ZF561407.CAB with option to RETRY
(which accomplishes nothing) or CANCEL which then asks if I am sure. This
happens twice befor getting into WORD, which then seems to run alright,
including the language feature. Can I find ZF561407.CAB anywhere?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VE9N?=,

I installed MS Proofing Tools.Now each time I try to enter WORD, I am given
the message that the computer cannot find ZF561407.CAB with option to RETRY
(which accomplishes nothing) or CANCEL which then asks if I am sure. This
happens twice befor getting into WORD, which then seems to run alright,
including the language feature. Can I find ZF561407.CAB anywhere?

If you uninstall the proofing tools, does Word then function correctly?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

TOM

Cindy, Thanks for your hint. Actually, I did remove the proofing tools as my
first attempt at a solution but it made no difference. I also reverted to an
earlier saved state which cured that problem but introduced a problem with
CTRL+HOME which became the same as CTRL+F. I have now found that hitting
CANCEL the first time that WORD complains brings me into WORD. A nuisance but
not as big a one. Again thanks, but since you are in Switzerland should I say
"danke" or" merci"? Sincerely, Tom Perkins.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VE9N?=,

I installed MS Proofing Tools.Now each time I try to enter WORD, I am given
the message that the computer cannot find ZF561407.CAB with option to RETRY
(which accomplishes nothing) or CANCEL which then asks if I am sure. This
happens twice befor getting into WORD, which then seems to run alright,
including the language feature. Can I find ZF561407.CAB anywhere?

If you uninstall the proofing tools, does Word then function correctly?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Tom,

That cab file is part of the MS Office 2003 product CD.
You may want to try using Repair/Reinstall of MS Office
from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel.

======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)